Students are registered through their zoned school. Sometimes, a visit to Pupil Assignment office is necessary and can be scheduled by an appointment. Please read the information below regarding the registration process for Orange County Public Schools.

How old does my child have to be to start school?

Under state law, a child must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 1 to enter kindergarten. To enter first grade, a child must be 6 on or before Sept. 1 and must have successfully completed kindergarten.

When should I register my child for school?

You may go to the school your child will attend at any time to register him or her for school. If you are new to the area, you are encouraged to register your child as soon as possible. Previous school records or report cards help schools place students.

What do I need to bring to register my child?

    1. Verification of age (with one of the following):
      1. Transcript of child's birth (Birth Certificate)
      2. Insurance policy
      3. Passport
      4. School record
      5. Certificate of baptism, accompanied by parent's affidavit
      6. Bona fide Bible record, accompanied by parent's affidavit
      7. Affidavit of age sworn to by parent, accompanied by a medical practitioner's statement
    2. Proof of immunizations on a Form 680, which can be obtained at the Department of Health at the following address:
      1. Orange County Health Department
        (407) 836-2600
        832 W. Central Blvd., Orlando

        HRS 680 form for MMR (mumps, measles, and rubella), DPT (diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus) and OPU (polio). There is a state requirement that seventh graders must have a series of three Hepatitis B injections, a tetanus booster and a second measles shot. They must offer proof of these immunizations before they can enroll in the seventh grade.
    3. Proof of physical examination within the last year. If documentation cannot be provided, a physical examination must be scheduled within 30 days.
    4. Academic History
      1. Last report card
      2. Transcript
      3. Withdrawal Form
      4. Each first grader who attended a private kindergarten also will need a letter from that school stating that he/she has successfully completed kindergarten.
    5. Special education information
    6. Verification of your domicile in Orange County with one of the following:
      1. Current Homestead Exemption Card or Purchase Contract or Warranty Deed
      2. Lease/Rental Agreement (If you have lived in Florida more than one year)
      3. Verification of address (If you have lived in Florida more than one year)

        Click here to download the Verification of Residence Checklist
    7. Please click here to schedule an appointment before arriving
      1. Educational Leadership Center Pupil Assignment Department
        (407) 317-3233
        445 W. Amelia St. (across from the Amway Arena in the rose colored building Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m
    8. Declaration of Domicile ($13.00) (if you have lived in Florida less than one year) or $50.00fee and proof of residence.
      1. Comptroller's Office - (407) 836-5115
        109 E. Church Street, Third Floor, Suite 300,Orlando
        (Located at the northeast corner of Magnolia and Church)
        Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m
    9. Guardianships (Click here to download the Guardianship Checklist)
      If you are not the parent or custodial parent of a student, state law requires that one of the following documents be provided for enrollment:
      1. Court Custody Documentation
      2. Department of Children and Families Placement Letter
      3. Educational Guardianship (given only when the parents or custodial parent live outside of Orange County and adjacent counties)
      4. To obtain an Educational Guardianship, apply at the:
        1. Please click here to schedule an appointment before arriving
        2. Educational Leadership Center Pupil Assignment Department
          (407) 317-3233
          445 W. Amelia St. (across from the Amway Arena in the rose colored building)
          Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m

Which school will my child attend?

Each school has a designated attendance area, and the family's address determines which school the student will attend. Contact the Pupil Assignment office at (407) 317-3233 to find your attendance zone.

You can also locate your school here.

How to Withdraw you student from school?

The parent needs to go to the currently enrolled school with the following items:

  1. The parent'sID
  2. The student’s ID (Middle and High School students)
  3. Books (If applicable: instruments and uniforms)

If transferring to another Orange County School, please bring the following items to register:

  1. The parent's ID
  2. Withdrawal packet from previous school
  3. Proof of residence